Date of Meeting:        Friday 12th October 2007 at All Saints’ Church

                                    Meeting opened at 8.05pm


Present:                      Peter (PA) and Lynne (LA) Agate

Angela (AJF) and Andrew (ACF) Faherty

                                    Kevin (KF) & Debbie (DF) Fisher

Frank (FR) & Sandy (SR) Reid

Mark (MP) and Sue (SP) Pogmore

Susan George (SG)


Apologies:                  Emad George (EG)

                                    Giles Luckett (GL)

Pauline (PB) & Bryan (BB) Bradley



Before the meeting commenced PJA hung a framed Plan of All Saints’ Church on a wall in the Chancel, on an existing fixing, below the plaque commemorating the rebuilding of the church. Permission had been obtained from David Pomery and the churchwarden informed. The facsimile plan, which had been retrieved from the Lambeth Palace Library, shows details of the restoration of the church which had been damaged by fire, and included the names of Richard Harwin and Smith-Churchill both prominent citizens of Boughton in days past.


1. Minutes of Meeting of 3rd August 2007

Minutes accepted.


2. Matters Arising



3. Treasurers Report

Opening balance as at 1st August 2007 £945.00.  Income from Bubbles on The Green £181.60.  Expenditure on Village Strimmer and Speakezee System £209.41.  Closing balance £917.19.


4. Sound Equipment

Speakezee purchased and demonstrated at end of meeting. Speakezee unit to be offered to other village groups at nominal £5 per use.


5. Insurance – H&S Policy

ACF/KF to action.


6. Pride in Norfolk.

KF had procured quotes for a brass plaque. £97-£120. All agreed to pay for the cost of plaque.  FR to request approval of plaque and wording from Parish Council and then KF will organise.

It was agreed to submit an entry again in 2008 and to invite representatives of village life and organisations to contribute to the preparation of the submission.  KF to compile and co-ordinate 2008 submission.  Thereafter a group shall meet formally should we reach the final to prepare for the judges visit.





7. Post Events Review

4th August 2007:  Bubbles on the Green (GL)

All agreed this was an excellent event, and thanks go to Giles & Carol Luckett, together with those that assisted.


29th September 2007: Bowling at Marham (ACF)

A good evening had by all.  The double booking and lack of food did not detract from the evening.


8. Events Update

24th November 2007: Christmas Wine Tasting (GL)

Tickets have started to sell.  Raffle prizes required.  Advertising in G4N next month.  Co-ord meeting proposed 17th Nov, 10:00am at All Saints’, together with church clean, all invited.  Agreed in principle to make donation to Giles & Carol’s chosen charity Plan International (possibly via raffle receipts).  Temporary licence to be arranged by GL (needs to be reminded for action next week).  PJA to investigate permanent licence.


19th December 2007: Carol Singing (SR/SG)

Only date that avoids other events locally.  Entry required in G4N, with rider for those who prefer not to be disturbed.


24th December 2007: Boughton Illuminations (SG)

After Crib Service which is at 4pm. Committee members asked to assist with lighting candles.  Collection on the night to be donated to E.A.C.H.  Refreshments will be available as last year.  Co-ord meeting proposed for Saturday 15th mid-morning, venue Hope House.  Could use Speakezee for carols as background music.


26th December 2007: Boxing Day Walk (ACF)

Walking the public footpaths around Boughton and drinks on The Green after the walk which starts at 10.30am.


19th January 2008: Quiz Night (EG)

Wereham Village Hall booked.  7pm for 7.30pm start.  Screen and projector to be pursued.  Speakezee to be used!  Bizarre raffle prizes to be thought of, all to consider. EG to determine a charity of his choice for a percentage of the profit.


26th April 2008: Village Drive Sale (AJF)

Mail shot to be created by AJF/DF.  Refreshments to include barbecue breakfasts on the morning.


9. Other Events Pending

Fishy Tales (PJA) – PJA has spoken to Maurice Whiting, who is happy to come to Boughton.  Date proposed as 22nd March 2008.  PJA to check G4N anti-clash, church and MW for that date.

Sing-a-long (FR) – Deferred for the time being.

Neil Spinks (SP) – Wildlife enthusiast.  SP to pursue.

Ceilidh (DF) –Deferred for time being.

Easter Egg Hunt (SG) – Around Easter 30th March 2008.  AJF to check insurance.

Cinema (KF) – No action.

Village History (MS) – No further action.  KF to follow up in time.  Some additional historical items have been entered on the G4N website.

Games Evening (AJF) – To be discussed further at a later date.

Winter Pub Walk (MP/SP) – North Norfolk Coasts area.  MP to review potential routes and hostelries. Dates proposed 3rd or 10th February 2008.

Fen Clearance (MP) – Voluntary group that may be willing to assist with fen clearing.  MP to pursue more information for next meeting.  Refreshments could be provided.


All events to be put on Anti-Clash by PJA.


Other Ideas Raised

Caribbean Event with Steel Bands (AJF)

Milliner’s event?

? August bank Holiday Jazz Picnic event –MP reports  has links with a band that would play for 3 hours at £60 per head.  ?next year

Scarecrows in week of Open Gardens (PA) – East Anglian tradition and would allow child involvement.  Try for next year.  PA will try to find expert to advise.

Stargazing - telescope evening (SG) – deferred to? March 2008

Moth Breakfast – set Moth traps then do morning tour and then have breakfast.  SG to explore for next year.

Origami evening

Calendars. AJF has quote from Dolphin Designs - £6 per calendar with no minimum run size.  Landscape desk calendar would be £3.  FR raised idea of calendar with drawings put together by children.

Richard Brooks Wildlife Photographer does slide shows (AJF).  David Mason in Barton Bendish also worth approaching (MP&SP)

?Angela Lankfer afternoon BBQ demo – FR to ask Paul Coulten.  DF will discuss with Angela.

Easter Egg Hunt next year or Treasure Hunt

Link Romania Shoebox Appeal– SG asking for help as now working full time.

Elgood’s Garden & Brewery Trip for 2008 (MP)

Racing Video Evening – suggested by Ollie.


10. Publicity Update (DF)

Good piece by DF in Speak-Up Magazine.  Other matters covered in appropriate items.



11. Group 4 News Update (DF)

Covered above in events.


12. AGM Draft Minutes and amended Constitution.

Draft minutes issued, no comments from those present.  Draft to be inserted in G4Nweb. Amended Constitution read through by those present, agreed by all and signed by Chairperson & Secretary.  To be inserted in G4Nweb.


13. Any Other Business

Minutes distribution: Agreed to post the draft minutes on notice board when checked.


Hall of Stalls - Wereham 20th November - SG has tickets, in aid of Wildlife Woodland.


14. Date of next meeting

Friday 21st December 2007 at Winward for 8pm. Also end of year get-together and celebration.  All attending to provide some food.


Meeting closed at 10.20pm.



Easter Sunday is on March 23rd and not March 30th.  Therefore Egg Hunt will be on Easter Sunday 23rd March and Fishy Tales will need to be rearranged.

PJA to amend Anti-Clash Diary for these two events.